Thursday, October 2, 2008

They got in, now what?

I'm going to keep this short and sweet. I originally wanted to rip off Bill Simmons and do a running diary of Sox/Rays Game 1, but I was on the phone with the new temp agency I'm "working" for during the first two innings, so yeah. There's already been three home runs in the first three innings with three lead changes. In an effort to torture the entire Chicago fan base, Ozzie Guillen started a pitcher he publicly stated he had no confidence in, good ol' Mr. Big Game himself, Javier Vazquez. I think John Danks would probably pitch better coming off of the 8 inning gem against the Twins on Tuesday. They seriously won 1 - 0. I wholeheartedly feel like Chicago can beat the Rays but can they make it to the World Series again? I'll keep TBS on lockdown with Don Orsillo and Harold Reynolds(!) announcing the action. If only there was a tv feature that let you mute only the commercials. Anyway, in retrospect, my earlier Choke post might have been a bit harsh. At least I'm not a Mets fan...

Oh yeah, with all this baseball playoff and NFL talk, I haven't mentioned that NBA training camps have started this week. The Celtics are down in lovely Newport, RI (the only good part of the state) at Salve Regina college. I'm pretty sure with Sam Cassell resigning, they now have 4,877 players on the roster. And don't think for a second that just because they won the championship last season that I'm going to take it easy on Doc if Leon doesn't get on the court. The season starts in four weeks!!!
I gots me a game to watch, but here's one for the ladies:

I ran out of clean socks. Someone love me...

EDIT: My sources down in Newport contacted me late last night informing me that nearly the entire team was out clubbing. Daps were exchanged. So you might be reading articles elsewhere saying how KG along with Pierce and Ray Allen were the first ones at the gym on Tuesday, but they are handling their B.I. in da clubz too.

No comments: