Saturday, September 6, 2008

Adam Man's Week 1 Preview: Part 2

Things got a little hectic (translation: they expected me to do actual WORK at work) and I wasn't able to get this up earlier, so here's my quick hits on the remaining 8 games of Week 1. For the record, I was totally right to tell you to start Plaxico Burres this week (and please ignore that I told you to start Chris Cooley too).

Buccaneers @ Saints (-4)

One of my top picks for game of the week (Peyton Manning: "And if you don't have NFL Sunday Ticket, you'll probably miss it!"). Mostly because I think everybody overrates New Orleans and underrates Tampa. That was me for a long time too on the Tampa front, but no more. Tampa had the best pass defense last year, and I think they're deep enough at RB to overcome their questionable receiving corps (and the Saints pass defense will help make Jeff Garcia look gooood). Tampa Bay wins, 23-10.
Fantasy Love: Earnest Graham, Marques Colston, Joey Galloway
Fantasy Hate: Reggie Bush (43 carries, 109 yds, 0 total TDs career vs. TB), Ike Hilliard

Chiefs @ Patriots (-13.5)
Another one of my votes for best game this week, because my idea of "the best game" is my team winning by copius amounts of points. This feels like a good time to point out I will only be referring to Lawrence Maroney as "Lo-Mo" from now on. Big game for the Kool-Aid Man. In a laugher, Pats win 37-10.
Fantasy Love: Tom Brady, Lo-Mo, Randy Moss, Dwayne Bowe
Fantasy Hate: Larry Johnson, Brodie Croyle, anyone wearing red

Panthers @ Chargers (-6.5)
Friends of mine think this one will be intersting. I'm not convinced. I think the Panthers are an 8-10 win team this year, and that's not good enough to beat the Bolts. Jake Delhomme will take some time to get back to full-speed, and the Chargers win, 24-14.
Fantasy Love: LDT, Antonio Gates, DeAngelo Williams
Fantasy Hate: Jake Delhomme, Vincent Jackson

Cowboys @ Browns (+5.5)
I watched this season of Hard Knocks, and it only confirmed that the Cowboys will be good this year... but they'll also be thin at WR and sometimes shaky in the defensive backfield. Lots of people are worried about the Browns preseason injuries, but I'm not. Romeo Crennel only puts healthy guys on the field, and they'll all be there. In front of the Dawg Pound, Browns win, 34-31.
Fantasy Love: Derek Anderson, Braylon Edwards, Kellen Winslow, Tony Romo, Terrell Owens, Jason Witten, MBIII, Felix Jones
Fantasy Hate: Both defenses, yeesh

Okay, the rest of these games don't interest me much, and I'm late for the bar, so I'm going to power through the rest of Sunday night and give you Monday Night previews later.

Cardinals @ 49ers (+0.5)
Everyone on the Cardinals bandwagon! Again! Yeah right... I'm not fooled again. 49ers take it, 17-14.
Fantasy Love: Frank Gore, Bryant Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald
Fantasy Hate: Kurt Warner, Edgerrin James, Isaac Bruce

Bears @ Colts (-8)
Even the great Neck Beard can't get them out of this one. Colts take it easy and win 31-10.
Fantasy Love: Joseph Addai, Reggie Wayne, Devin Hester
Fantasy Hate: Any other Bear, Peyton Manning (until I see that knee in action)



Peace, I'm out!

No comments: