Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Michael Phelps: The Manning that Never Was?

I was just watching that commercial with Michael Phelps, where the guy who finds the internet everywhere is able to get on the internet faster than Michael Phelps and then steals Phelps' gold medals and Michael Phelps looks adorable and confused, and I was thinking. It reminded me of some point when Michael Phelps did something in the same vain during the Olympics and I thought "man, he could be the fourth Manning brother".

I mean, probably the third Manning brother. If Archie could go back and trade Cooper for Phelps, knowing what would happen in the future, we're talking marketing gold. Yes, brothers who are both successful in the same sport is great, but add in the greatest swimmer OF ALL TIME to the mix?

Archie has to make dat cash money, just like you and me.

I think first and foremost, Michael Phelps looks more like a Manning than Cooper. He's a very good in-between guy for Peyton and Eli. Imagine home videos of little Peyton and littler Eli tossing the football around, getting into an argument, and also of a sudden Phelpsy comes running from the pool area to break it up. I don't know, maybe I'm just a dreamer. I really just feel like Phelps Manning as he would probably have been named, would work very well in the Manning Money Making Machine. I can guarantee the full-time coverage of Phelps Manning would propel swimming to new heights, instead of just getting a boost for a month every four years. Sigh...what could have been.

From left to right, 9,000 time gold medalist Phelps Manning,
Super Bowl MVP Eli Manning, Super Bowl MVP Peyton Manning

No comments: