Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Seriously... Paul Byrd?

I mean... seriously? I know Wake is on the DL. And clearly, that Zink kid, the OTHER knuckler, isn't working out yet. But Paul Byrd? That's your answer to the rotation? I understand he's pitched very well since the All Star Break. Great for you Paul, congratulations on your success. But does anyone really believe he's the kind of guy to anchor the back end of your rotation in a pennant race? Does anyone trust him to slow down the mighty Tampa Bay Rays (god that still feels wrong) in September?

Alls I'm saying is if Beckett, Lester, and Dice-K don't all stay healthy... the Sox could be in some trouble. Buchholz and Masterson have proved they're going to need more time to mature, and Wake/Colon/Schilling are Old/Fat/Broken. I also want to point out that with the Sox current lineup, the headline "Red Sox get SP Byrd for cash" makes me worry we just traded our backup catcher. I think any deal like this from now on should read "Red Sox acquire player for cash moneys." Also, is it too late to start calling Kevin Cash, "Cash Moneys"? Yeah, you're right... it probably is.

I guess it could be worse. The rumors were they'd sign a different Cleveland pitcher... one with a 7.56 ERA, 1.92 WHIP, and 4 blown saves in 10 chances. Hey Paul, how would you feel about being on the same roster as that clown again?

Me too Paulie, me too.


PS: OMG, 19-17, OMG.

2 comments:

Kate said...

I think you should add a disclaimer that you just picked up Paul Byrd in one of our fantasy leagues.

Kate said...

And yes, I know I had picked him up last week, but I am not on the Paul Byrd Hate Train.