Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Who's the new guy?

Hello out there to all 5 of you who have accidentally come to this blog while trying to find that 2 Girls, 1 Cup video on this crazy system of tubes! As announced earlier, there are some new contributors to this blog, and I want to give a big thanks to Scrob for including us. We were all big supporters of his original cause to get more playing time for The Show and I’m excited to help this blog grow going forward.


Who the hell am I you ask? Well I’ll be going by the thinly veiled moniker of Adam Man,” which is a reference to the Super Hero alter-ego I turn into after downing enough Stellas (always crisp). As such, I assure you all of my posts will be written while drunk enough to actually BECOME Adam Man. Since I’m planning to add my commentary mostly while at my day job… this could get a bit awkward. All told I’m a born-and-bred Boston sports fan that prides himself on not chanting “Yankees Suck,” wearing my sports caps generally front-facing, and being actually knowledgeable about sports outside of what I hear screamed on local sports radio.


So I’ve put a lot of thought into what my contribution to field of Blogometrics should be… I’ve read the Deadspins, the FireJoeMorgans, the occasional BostonDirtDogs(es?), et al., and I’ve even listened to what Buzz Bissinger has to say. One thing that’s become painfully clear is that if I don’t have something interesting to say with an original perspective, I shouldn’t bother saying it at all. This will probably be seen as a departure from my normal course of action to my friends, but hey… if I’m going to make an attempt at this, I might as well do it right.


I hope you guys enjoy what I add to the site. My content will bring a Boston hometown-fan perspective, which seems to have transitioned from whiny to defensive in recent years. I'll regularly provide NFL and NCAA football analysis, though you can expect me to chime in on other topics when I have something to say. I'm also slightly obsessed with the whole LOL genre, so expect to be annoyed with the likes of what you see below.

No comments: