Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Allow me to reintroduce myself...

Hi,

My name is William, but since we are close friends now, you can call me Billy. I am from scenic Staten Island, New York. As a result, I am a Jets*, Mets** and Knicks*** fan, pretty much in that order. I am also a Rangers**** fan, in the sense that I own one of those nice alternate jerseys with the Statue of Liberty on it, and I will happily watch any of their Stanley Cup Finals appearances as long as it is at least game 4, period 2.

It is a pretty bad time to be a fan of any of those teams! (wait, are the Rangers good?).

However, I'm not here to be a homer (you've already met Adam, right?), and I'm not here to jam statistics down your throat, even while worshiping at the altar of Moneyball. I'm pretty sure I'm here to provide a pleasing palate cleanser between talk of OPS+ and pictures of Rick Ross (boss). Think of me as your delightful lemon sorbet between dinner courses, except way hetero.

You can expect from me: Dispatches from enemy territory (Boston), Ruminations on all things construda, Rusty Kuntz, Detlef Schrempf, and Mookie Wilson/Blaylock ("The Sporting Mookies") references, and as a fan of the previously mentioned teams, the occasional poorly reasoned, inarticulate outburst of white hot rage.

I think Scrob will exercise more editorial control on my future posts!


* They earned every one of their 4 wins last season. No illicit taping or secret robot cheerleaders (look it up) or nothin'.

** I think the Mets might be surprising later on this season, as they often are (like last year!). Hopefully this year's surprise isn't how surprisingly bad they are at baseball.

*** Nobody ever laughs at my "28 seconds or less" jokes about the D'Antoni era in New York. Does no one read Phoenix based sports memoirs anymore? - Also I think the aforementioned D'Antoni era is going to have more to do with wacky Polaroids of Mike and his kid wearing foam Statue of Liberty headbands at the Guggenheim than, you know, actual quality basketball.

****
no, I seriously know absolutely nothing about the New York Football Rangers.

No comments: