Thursday, June 12, 2008

Props from an old friend.

EDIT - How many should I order?




I had to pass this along.

Rod Benson writes a column for yahoosports.com. He also happens to be a former teammate of Leon when they were at Cal. He has played in the D league for the past two years and is currently working out in Miami in the hopes of making an NBA team next year. (He also did a piece with Bill Simmons on E:60 a while back.)

He's also pretty hilarious.

I've read his stuff before but his article about Leon after Game Two is just awesome. I love first person accounts like this. And it makes it that much better that he's a good writer. Enjoy.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Too-much-Rod-Benson-Leon-Powe-gets-buckets?urn=nba,86906


P.S. We need to make an, "I GET BUCKETS" T-shirt with Leon's face on it. Let's make this happen!




2 comments:

Kate said...

"He actually gave me his last packet of Kool-Aid when we were roommates my senior year. His last one. It wasn't red either. I think it was a Strawberry-Kiwi twister. That's love."


yup.. another t-shirt?

cmoney said...

There's a saying 'round these parts:

"Leon's a grown ass man"