Friday, January 2, 2009

This Can't Be Good

I rouse from my New Years stupor to see this horrifying story.

Maybe the most freightening line in the entire article:

When asked specifically about the likelihood of Marbury joining the Celtics this season, the source predicted that "it will happen."

Oh my god Danny, please don't do this. Anything was this. I know you're trying to get people off your back for sticking with Sam Cassell, but going with an even crazier old point guard is not the way to do it.

*crawls back into a bottle*

1 comment:

Kate said...

I initially agreed with you, AdamMan, but have been coming around from absolutely hating the idea of Strabury on the Celtics to only slighty hating it.

I know I already made you read this column: http://www.boston.com/sports/columnists/massarotti/2009/01/one_vote_for_marbury.html and that it did not convince you in the slightest, but I am intrigued by the idea that this is a reverse-Manny scenario.. Starbury absolutely needs to prove that he can still be an asset to a winning team, and will (hopefully) play at his highest level with no distractions if the Celtic's bring him in.

Now, the money thing could be totally ridiculous, making him not feasible for the Celtic's to pursue, and this is definitely a best case scenario.. I don't trust that Starbury would be able to sit back and patiently back up Rondo, or be content to not be THE guy on a team that clearly does not operate under the THE guy model.

Who knows. Food for thought. I still don't want him.