Monday, November 17, 2008

Shocked

I almost fell out of my chair yesterday watching the San Diego/Pittsburgh game. Jim Nantz was talking about a hurt player and actually said, "he's out with a hamstring injury." He said injury! As a person I hold personally responsible for starting the whole, "this guy's out with a knee/leg/assneck" trend, it made my day to hear him refer to the entire malady, not just the body part. I was almost as surprised by this as the woman who sits in front of me at work who spends half of her day on personal calls. And we don't sit in cubicles here. There are three rows of tables facing the offices of the more important people. I've never seen anyone with such blatant disregard to office etiquette. It's so bad that at some points, she'll be there talking on her work phone when her cell phone rings. She'll answer the cell phone too and have a phone in each hand! Seriously! How she is still employed blows my mind. On top of that, she talks at full volume and just babbles about the most mundane "details" of her life. What an insufferable pig. (Of course this is coming from a guy who posts on his sports blog during work so I guess it's all relative. But at least it looks like I'm working...)

Anyway, nice job Jim. Keep up the good work.

I'll hopefully be back later tonight with some random musings on the first ten games of the NBA season, the AFC East and more.

1 comment:

james said...

You're going to bone the office chick Scott.