Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Half-Assed Links Column

It's been forever and a day since I've written something, but the Celtics starting the preseason have inspired me to pound this out...

-I'm glad that the Celts landed Darius Miles, but I'm dreading a season full of horribly punny headlines.

-Tommy Heinsohn may be the biggest homer that ever homered, but, God bless his soul, I love his spunk and highly biased basketball opinions. Unfortunately he's getting up there in years and won't be able to fill his usual role this year

(Ed. Note - This is a travesty.)

-Could this be Kobe's last year in the NBA? I for one think it would be interesting if the NBA had to start competing for players. The way the economy looks I don't blame players for taking the bait and heading to Europe.

-Even the NBA is starting to cut costs and send jobs overseas.

-I'm not a hockey fan, but any story involving a hit man is something I'd like to read about.

-I'm glad this exists, if only for balance in the sports universe. The first item on the second page is a gem.

That's all I got. Expecting more? How 'bout you read the headline again.

1 comment:

Billy said...

This is the real travesty:

"On-court reporter Greg Dickerson will join Gorman and Marshall."

I hate Greg Dickerson.